Specialty Trainee Advisory Group
The Specialist Trainees Advisory Group (STAG) was established in 2009. Its purpose is:
- to ensure that the work of the Society fully reflects the needs and views of its members who are doctors in training
- to advise the Society on matters from the perspective of the Specialist Trainee in respect of education and training, workforce issues, research, Quality Improvement and professional and organisational standards
- to ensure that trainee doctor input is included in the Society’s work to improve the care of people with respiratory diseases - including treatment, therapy and procedures; appropriate standards of care and resources; and education and research requirements
- to be the main channel through which the Society can receive the views of Specialist Trainee members and through which the Society can send information to members about the areas mentioned above
- to have a pivotal role in communication and linking together a wide range of activities (there is at least one Specialist trainee on each of the Society’s Standing Committees and three on the SAC for Respiratory Medicine).
The Chair of the Group serves on BTS Council, ex-officio.