Information and resources about tuberculosis can be found below.
PHE are pleased to announce the publication of:
- the Annual TB Report for England “Tuberculosis in England 2017 report (presenting data to end of 2016)”,
available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-in-england-annual-report
- TB Official Statistics for the UK “Reports of cases of tuberculosis to enhanced tuberculosis surveillance systems: UK, 2000 to 2016”,
available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/reports-of-cases-of-tb-to-uk-enhanced-tuberculosis-surveillance-systems
The report is accompanied by:
- a slideset of key figures and tables from the Annual TB Report
- a slideset of infographics highlighting key messages from the Annual TB Report for England (both attached).
Additionally, updated data tables have been produced:
- TB Annual Report surveillance data, available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-tb-in-england-surveillance-data
- TB case notifications for England and Wales, available here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-tb-annual-notifications-1913-onwards
- M.bovis data, available here:
Data by age group and place of birth: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/mycobacterium-bovis-mbovis-in-humans-cases-by-age-group-and-place-of-birth
The latest available data (2016) for local authorities and CCG’s for the TB Monitoring Indicators will be updated on Fingertips on Tuesday 7th November 2017 (available here: http://fingertips.phe.org.uk/profile/tb-monitoring).
- Tuberculosis in the UK, 2016 report
- Reports of cases of tuberculosis to the national Enhanced Tuberculosis Surveillance System, 2004-2015
- Updated data tables
- Collaborative tuberculosis strategy for England
- TB Strategy Monitoring Indicators
|Tuberculosis - Clinical diagnosis and management of tuberculosis, and measures for its prevention and control||January 2016||
Tuberculosis - NICE guideline NG33 covers preventing, identifying and managing latent and active tuberculosis (TB) in children, young people and adults.
|Defining a model for a Gold Standards for a TB MDT Group and associated networks||March 2014||
This document has been prepared in order to provide advice and input from the British Thoracic Society to the NHS, Public Health England (PHE) and other national stake-holders to strengthen TB control throughout the UK and inform the current PHE consultation on a national TB strategy. It is intended as a resource to guide the development of local and regional multidisciplinary networks to enhance and facilitate the coordination of care for TB.