BTS Best Practice Conference Awards
BTS is working in association with several bio-medical companies to offer Conference Awards to selected international and national respiratory conferences.
So far this year we have given awards for the European CF meeting in Seville and the ERS Congress in Milan. Testimonials from the European CF meeting can be viewed here.
BTS is grateful to GSK and Vertex Pharmaceuticals for providing funds to support this initiative. The companies are not involved in any way in setting the criteria for selection or the selection process. BTS provides the infrastructure for publicising the scheme, processing applications, selecting the recipients, and organising the travel, accommodation and delegate fees.
We are now accepting applications for the BTS Winter Meeting in December 2017.
CLOSING DATE – 9.00AM ON THURSDAY 21 SEPTEMBER 2017
To apply you should meet the following criteria:
- Be resident and work in the UK.
- Be the first author.
- Consultants, Associate Specialists and Trust doctors are not eligible – only Trainee doctors, Scientists and Allied Health Professionals may apply.
- You should not have received a BTS Conference Award in the last 12 months.
- Your application must address the question about how your work will improve patient outcomes.
- You agree to provide a brief report (300 words) before the end of December about what you gained from your attendance.
- All applications will be scrutinised by the Society’s Chief Executive and Programme Manager to ensure that they meet the acceptance criteria. The applicant must be able to clearly demonstrate how the work/subject of the abstract will benefit respiratory patients in the application. If there is any doubt, the application will be referred to the Chairs of relevant BTS Committees.
- All applicants that meet the required criteria will have their names randomly chosen to ensure each person has an equal chance to be awarded a Conference Award. This will be done “blinded” by a third party.
- Applicants will be required to agree that their report will be published on the BTS Respiratory Futures website and, if the companies wish, on the websites of the companies who have provided the funding. They should also be aware that BTS and the funders will provide details on request to auditors, ABPI and on related websites of all who receive support from the Scheme.
- The successful applicants will be notified within 1 week of the closing date and their details sent through to The Turner Agency who will complete the registration and organise the travel and accommodation.
If you have already booked your travel, hotel and/or paid your delegate fee we regret that we will NOT be able to reimburse you or your employing institution and we will not consider your application. Please also note that awards are NOT transferable.
Application forms can be downloaded here and must be sent as a word document to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Winter Meeting Conference Award 2017’ in the title line. You must also attach a copy of your abstract and your acceptance letter or confirmation.
Reports and reactions from award winners from the 2016 BTS Winter Meeting can be viewed here.
BTS is grateful to GSK and Vertex Pharmaceuticals for providing funds to support this initiative.