Find out how being a BTS member can help your professional development and support our goal for better lung health for all.
Join by 1 May to qualify for the members’ rate at the Summer Meeting, and by 1 November to qualify for the members’ rate at the Winter Meeting.
We offer many benefits of membership:
- Our respected and widely disseminated journal, published jointly with the British Medical Journal, is available to members who subscribe in a number of categories.
- Enjoy first pick of our highly-rated short course programmes at a discounted rate. Over 500 people from a range of respiratory professions attend our short courses last year.
- Benefit from excellent discounted delegate rates for the BTS Winter Meeting. This showcases “Bench to Bedside” research and related clinical developments and attracts an average of 2,200 delegates each year.
- Receive similar excellent discounted rates for our Summer Meeting, which is our main annual CME event and attracts around 600 delegates from a range of respiratory professions each year.
- All members have free access to BTS e-learning modules. These cover a range of topics relating to Guidelines and procedural instructions, and preparation for the SCE course materials.
- From July 2015 all BTS members resident in the UK have been able to join ERS (the European Respiratory Society) for £20 per year, saving an average of £150 on the ERS subscription and enjoying a range of benefits from ERS aimed at enhancing education, training and research opportunities.
- eBTS News is emailed to all members weekly. It contains important updates regarding BTS activities and issues of more general interest.
Get more involved and make a difference
- In any year around 12% of our UK members are actively engaged in BTS activities. We are proud of this and are very grateful to everyone who helps us with our work.
- BTS benefits from a diverse and vibrant membership and aims to reflect this in the ways in which we recruit those who help us achieve our aims.
- Members are encouraged to become involved in our work via an annual call for volunteers to stand for election to BTS Council, or one of our Committees or Specialist Advisory Groups. There are also regular calls for volunteers to participate in our Guideline Groups and other QI activities.