Specialty Workforce Committee
The Committee is responsible for workforce issues in respiratory medicine. Its work involves:-
- collating information about Specialist Training vacancies and appointments;
- keeping track of the medical consultant workforce, including consultant retirements;
- promoting family-friendly policies;
- annual discussions with national departments of health about training numbers and related policy matters;
- seeking assistance from Regional Training Programme Directors and the Respiratory Specialty Advisory Committee (SAC) in the gathering and dissemination of this information, and the Society’s Specialist Training Advisory Group (STAG), so that rapid action can be taken in response to national developments;
- liaison with other healthcare professional groups regarding their workforces to ensure synergy of activity and a sharing of ideas with others on how this data is captured and processed.