Quality Improvement Committee
Following the governance review in 2015, the Society's Professional and Organisational Standards Committee (POSC) was re-named the BTS Quality Improvement Committee, to reflect a shift in focus and development of the work-plan for the Committee.
There are two main areas of work:-
- Support for achieving professional standards in relation to individuals: this includes revalidation (relicensing and re-certification) and governance in liaison with the activities of the Royal Colleges;
- Support for organisational standards in four main areas:
- Delivery of the Society’s Clinical Audit programme;
- Delivery of the Society’s Quality Improvement activities (e.g. care bundles);
- Oversight of the Society’s data collection activities, including registries, surveys, and other data collection activities and analysis activities;
- Coordinating/facilitating the Society’s work in the area of respiratory coding.
In undertaking these responsibilities the Committee has input from sub-groups and individuals, as follows:
- A National Clinical Audit Board, chaired by the Audit Programme Director, with membership comprising the clinical audit leads for each individual BTS audit;
- A clinical data subgroup (previously the clinical data SAG) – the Chair of which will be a member of POSC;
- The Chair of the Registry Steering Committee is a member of the QIC;
- A lead for Quality Improvement activities, identified from within the membership of the QIC.