Quality Improvement Committee
The BTS Quality Improvement Committee leads on two main areas of work:-
- Support for achieving professional standards in relation to individuals: this includes revalidation (relicensing and re-certification) and governance in liaison with the activities of the Royal Colleges;
- Support for organisational standards in four main areas:
- Delivery of the Society’s Clinical Audit programme;
- Delivery of the Society’s Quality Improvement activities (e.g. care bundles);
- Oversight of the Society’s data collection activities, including registries, surveys, and other data collection activities and analysis activities;
- Coordinating/facilitating the Society’s work in the area of respiratory coding, with input from the Society's Information Governance Committee.