The British Thoracic Society accepts bookings under the following conditions:
As places are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, early application is advised.
1. The completed booking form should be sent to The British Thoracic Society at the address given on the form. Wherever possible, you should include payment with the form. We accept cheques or payment by credit and debit card, or you can book online at www.brit-thoracic.org.uk. On receipt of payment you will normally receive receipt and confirmation of your place within 5 working days, if places are available.
2. Returning the signed registration form constitutes a booking!
3. Cheques should be made payable to The British Thoracic Society.
4. We cannot accept payment by Amex, Diners Club or Visa Corporate Payment Cards, with card numbers beginning with 4715, 4484 or 4917. These are increasingly in use within the NHS and in some commercial organisations, but BTS is not an authorised user of the scheme.
5. We can issue invoices but please note the following provisos:-
Your place will not be guaranteed until we receive payment. Therefore, please do not make any related travel arrangements until you receive confirmation of the booking.
We confirm bookings with payments as and when they arrive, it is therefore in your interest to check progress of the payment with your Finance Department. For very popular courses you might prefer to send payment yourself and claim back course fees from your employers.
We cannot take any responsibility if you miss the opportunity to attend any course if the delay rests with your employers and/or their Finance Department.
6. All correspondence will be sent to the participants at the address specified on the booking form. Please use your home address if you think you might be moving jobs before the course takes place.
7. If you wish to attend more than one course, please complete the relevant booking form and send separate payment for each. We will only debit your credit or debit card, if using, when you have been allocated a place on the course(s) of your choice.
8. All payments, including credit or debit cards, must be in sterling.
9. To qualify for the discounted members’ rate of a BTS short course, a delegate must be a BTS member at the time the short course runs. If a delegate’s membership lapses between the time a short course is booked and the date the course runs, the delegate will be liable for the full, non-discounted price of the course. Any shortfall must be paid prior to the start of the course.
10. If you are unable to attend, a substitute delegate may be able to attend in your place. Please contact BTS head office in this event. Tel: 020 7831 8778 or email: email@example.com
11. The British Thoracic Society reserves the right to change the speakers in cases of illness or other conditions beyond its control.
12. The British Thoracic Society does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to delegates’ own property and/or personal effects while at the course.
The British Thoracic Society does not accept liability for loss or damage to personal effects caused by events beyond its control – including (but without limitation) fire, flood, strikes, civil disturbances or for consequential loss or damage of any kind whatsoever.
Cancellation of Booking
The British Thoracic Society will accept written cancellations on the following basis:
- A 25% cancellation charge will apply to all cancellations once they have been confirmed.
- Less than 6 weeks prior to the course 0% will be refunded. If we are able to fill your place a 25% cancellation charge will still apply.
- Special cancellation charges apply to the Radiology courses
If you have to cancel the course booking due to circumstances beyond your control, please inform the Society in writing.
NB. We understand that it may not always be possible to predict your availability. Please take this into account before returning your booking form(s), as the Society will enforce the cancellation fees policy strictly this year.