Download copies of all BTS Guidelines. Find out more about the current status of guidelines in development and planned updates. Access dissemination and implementation information.
The Joint British Thoracic Society/ Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Respiratory Care Guidelines for the Physiotherapy Management of the Adult, Medical, Spontaneously Breathing Patient were published in the May 2009 issue of Thorax: Vol 64, Supplement 1.
The full guideline is available to download here.
The concise guideline is available to download here.
The Web Appendices are available from the links below:
1. Complementary therapies
2. Example of evidence table
3. Patient information leaflet COPD
4. Patient information leaflet Asthma
5. Patient information leaflet Hyperventilation Syndrome
6. Patient information leaflet Bronchiectasis
7. Patient information leaflet Chest Wall disease
8. Patient information leaflet Spinal Cord Injury
9. Patient information leaflet Neuromuscular Disease
10. Action plan for patients with Neuromuscular Weakness
11. Devices, manufacturers and suppliers of physiotherapy equipment
Registered as a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales with number 1645201.
The British Thoracic Society is a Charity registered in England with number 285174, and
registered in Scotland with number SC041209.
BTS, 17 Doughty Street, London, WC1N 2PL
Tel: +44 207 831 8778 | Fax: +44 207 831 8766